In 2001, the International Student Advisory Council (ISAC) was established by the Office of International Affairs, campus administrators, and international student leaders to create a structure on campus through which international students would have a direct channel of communication to campus administrators.
Monthly meetings are held and attended by officers from international student associations, International Affairs’ staff, and other campus representatives who serve as guest speakers. Students are encouraged to communicate thoughts or concerns to their club representatives or club officers prior to the meetings.
Discussion topics may include:
- Optional and Curricular Practical Training
- On-campus work opportunities
- Immigration regulations & legislation that impacts Missouri S&T’s international students population
- Changes in the Social Security process
- Transportation for new student orientation
- International Student Day
- International Education Week
- Social and cultural programs for students
- Current issues of concern to the international student population