- International Students
- Future Students
- New Incoming Students
- New International Student Checklist
- Current Students
- Sponsored Students
- J-1 Visa Employment Opportunities
- F-1 Visa Employment Opportunities
- Visiting Scholars
- Applied Language Institute
- Study Abroad
- Life at S&T
- Traveling on Behalf of S&T
- Contact Us
New incoming students
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
- Step 5
- Step 6
- Step 7
- Step 8
Arrival Check In
- As a new international student you are required to check in at International Affairs (IA). You can check in at 103 Norwood Hall if you arrive before New International Student Orientation. Please bring your passport and I-20/DS-2019.
Attend International Student Orientation & International Miners Fair
The International Student Orientation is a great way to:
- Meet the IA staff, administrators, faculty, and other students.
- Learn more about living in Rolla and student life on campus.
- Learn how to get a student ID, complete your health screening, finalize housing arrangements, meet your academic advisor, and register for classes.
As a quick reference guide, see the International Student Information Booklet SP 2019
Submit Final Official Transcripts and Take English Language Proficiency Testing
- If needed, submit final official transcripts to Admissions Office in Parker Hall, Room G-2.
- English language proficiency testing is required for students accepted for the Intensive English Program, as well as, those who have not satisfied the Missouri S&T English language proficiency requirement. For more details, please see English Proficiency Testing.
- For the 2019 spring semester, testing will be at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at the Southwestern Bell Cultural Center.
- The Applied Language Institute will arrange additional testing dates for students who arrive after January 16, 2019.
Register for Classes
First-time freshman Students
- You will meet with your assigned academic advisor during Pro Day.
- You will meet with your assigned academic advisor during Transfer Advising Day.
- You must visit your academic department and meet with your academic advisor to decide which classes you will enroll in.
Once you meet with your academic advisor, you will then be able to register for classes through Joe’SS online. If you have questions about registration or waitlisted courses, please visit the Registrar’s Office in 103 Parker Hall.
Purchase Required Health Insurance
- After you register for classes, your student account will automatically be charged the health insurance fee. You will be able to review and make payments to your bill online through Joe’SS.
- Intensive English Students must go to 104 Norwood Hall to purchase your required health insurance.
Submit Health Forms to Missouri S&T Student Health Services
- Forms may be submitted using the online student health portal: http://studenthealth.mst.edu/newstudentinformation/ or you may submit the forms directly to Student Health Services at 910 West 10th Street, Rolla, MO 65409 USA.
Set Up Your Missouri S&T E-mail Address
Attend Welcome Events
- New International Student Orientation on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
- Snowflake Social on Thursday, January 17, 2019 at the Southwestern Bell Cultural Center, 1207 N. Elm Street, Rolla, MO. 65401.
- Check out more events on our Facebook page.