J-1 Visa Employment Opportunities

If you are an international student who holds a J-1 visa, you have options for working in the United States. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Department of State (DOS) regulations govern all types of international student employment.

Violation of the USCIS and DOS regulations relating to employment will result in your being out of status and may impact continuing your studies at Missouri S&T. You must become informed regarding the requirements and restrictions of each type of employment available to your visa type. We encourage you to consult with your International Student Advisor to gain information specific to your needs for employment. USCIS and DOS consider any violation of employment regulations to be very serious and usually denies a student’s application for reinstatement to regain valid non-immigrant status.

For more information regarding which employment types are available to you, please click on your interest below.