Transfer Your SEVIS Record from S&T

Transfer Your SEVIS Record from S&T

As an F-1 student with an initial SEVIS record, you are eligible to have your SEVIS record transferred to another SEVP-certified school in the United States.  The benefit of transferring your SEVIS record is that you will not need to be assigned a new SEVIS ID number, pay the SEVIS I-901 fee again, or apply for a new visa.  Instead, we will make a transaction within SEVIS to have your record released to your new school of admission on the date of your request.  


To start the transfer process, we will need a few items from you.  As with any Initial student,  you must report to our school by the program start date listed on the Form I-20. It is not necessary for you to check-in in person with our office, instead you can complete the process fully online. The following items will need to be completed prior to your SEVIS record being transferred. 

  1. Proof of Admission to new School - Admission Letter
  2. Transfer Out Request Form - Initial
  3. Complete the International Student Orientation in Canvas and the Arrival Checklist: 

Passport (which you entered the United States with), F-1 Visa, Form I-94, Signed I-20 Documents, and additional forms - these will need to be submitted in your student application portal. 

Important information to be aware of: 

  1. The date of your entry to the United States matters. Your SEVIS record cannot be transferred to a new SEVP school if your admission date is 30 days later than your entry. In order to transfer your record in this case you will need to fully enroll and complete the process with our school to activate your SEVIS record and then we will transfer your record accordingly. 
  2. Failure to submit all forms and documents within the restricted timeline of the SEVIS registration process can result in the termination of your record for failure to enroll. Alternatively, if the time elapses you may choose to terminate your record for authorized early withdrawal and pay the SEVIS I-901 fee from the new university. Withdrawing will place a 15-day grace period for departure from the United States.