Transfer Your SEVIS to S&T
The transfer process is a way to electronically move your Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) record and retain the same SEVIS identification number as a student. If you are an F-1 student currently studying in the United States, wishing to transfer to Missouri S&T, please follow the steps below.
- Submit your application and be accepted to Missouri S&T.
- Maintain a legal F-1 status at your current institution.
- Request the designated school official (typically an international student adviser) at your current institution to complete the SEVIS Transfer In Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The date your SEVIS record is transferred to S&T no more than five months before the beginning of the next semester at S&T.
- The date must be no later than the 60-day grace period after the completion date of your program or optional practical training.
- If you are currently participating in OPT or STEM OPT the employment authorization will end on the date your SEVIS record is released.
- The designated school official at your current institution will submit your transfer request to SEVIS. The S&T SEVIS number may be required – KAN214F10190000.
- In addition to the designated school official at your current institution submitting the School Transfer Eligibility Form, you must also submit these required documents to email@example.com:
- Your SEVIS record will be electronically transferred to S&T on your release date.
- S&T will issue a new I-20 to you. Your new I-20 can be mailed to you or you can pick it up from the Office of International Enrollment when you arrive on campus.
- You must use your S&T I-20 when you re-enter the United States if you traveled outside the U.S.