- International Students
- Future Students
- New Incoming Students
- New International Student Checklist
- Current Students
- Sponsored Students
- J-1 Visa Employment Opportunities
- F-1 Visa Employment Opportunities
- Visiting Scholars
- Applied Language Institute
- Study Abroad
- Life at S&T
Applying for a F-1 / J-1 Student Visa
Follow the steps to apply for your student visa
- Receive the I-20 / DS-2019 from S&T.
- Review the US Department of State (DOS) website for visa application requirements for a F-1.
- Review the J-1 application requirements at this DOS website.
- Pay the SEVIS fee.
- Consult this DOS website for average visa appointment and issuance wait times.
- Make your visa interview appointment and pay the visa application fee.
- Attend your visa interview.
- Receive notification if your visa has been approved or denied.
- If your visa is approved by the DOS, follow instructions for passport/visa pickup.
- Make travel arrangements to Missouri S&T.