- International Students
- Future Students
- New Incoming Students
- New International Student Checklist
- Current Students
- Sponsored Students
- J-1 Visa Employment Opportunities
- F-1 Visa Employment Opportunities
- Visiting Scholars
- Applied Language Institute
- Study Abroad
- Life at S&T
- Traveling on Behalf of S&T
- Contact Us
Admission requirements for international incoming freshmen are the following:
1. Submit an application for admission accompanied by a $50.00 admission fee in U.S. currency. To apply for admission to Missouri S&T, click here.
2. Submit at the earliest possible date official transcripts (mark sheets) from all schools attended, showing courses taken, grades earned, rank in class, grade point average and class of division earned, if applicable.
3. Meet the Missouri S&T English-language proficiency requirement by one of the following means:
- Take the TOEFL and attain a minimum score of 550 paper-based/213 computer-based. Information on the TOEFL can be found at the TOEFL site.
- Take the Test of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and attain a minimum score of 6.5. Information on the IELTS can be found at the IELTS site.
- Submit proof of completion of a recognized U.S-based English as a Second Language program.
- Attain a minimum score for academic admission by taking the English-language placement test administered by Missouri S&T's Applied Language Institute. See information on the Applied Language Institute's English-language testing program here.
4. There is no financial aid available to international undergraduate students. In order to be issued immigration documents, such as I-20, DS-2019, students must submit a bank statement showing funds to meet expenses for one year of study. The bank statement is necessary to be issued an immigration document such as an I-20, but not to be admitted to Missouri S&T. Click here to see an estimate of yearly expenses at Missouri S&T. Click here for an example of a financial statement.
5. All of these completed application materials, with the exception of item no. 4 (bank statement), must be received by the deadlines below:
- For Fall semester enrollment – June 15
- For Spring semester enrollment– Nov. 15
- For Summer semester enrollment – April 1
MANDATORY HEALTH INSURANCE
All international students must purchase mandatory health insurance. This includes all F-1 and J-1 visa students. J-1 dependants are required by Department of State regulations to carry health insurance also.
An independent carrier, working through the University of Missouri and the member universities' International Offices provides an insurance policy at a reasonable cost. Premiums are charged t the student's Missouri S&T Cashier's account.
For more information on the mandatory health insurance requirements for international students, contact the Office of International Affairs, 103 Norwood Hall, 573-341-4208, or email email@example.com.
IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS/TB TESTING
All international students are sent Health History and Immunization Record Forms in their I-20 or DS-2019 packets. These forms must be complete for the student to enroll at Missouri S&T. Please see the Missouri S&T Student Health Services site for more information on these requirements.
All international students are required to have a TB blood test administered in the United States. For other immunization requirements for all students, click on Missouri S&T Student Health Services.