- International Students
- Future Students
- New Incoming Students
- New International Student Checklist
- Current Students
- Sponsored Students
- F-1 Visa Employment Opportunities
- Visiting Scholars
- Applied Language Institute
- Study Abroad
- Life at S&T
- Traveling on Behalf of S&T
- Contact Us
Hello Sponsored Students!
Greetings from Missouri University of Science and Technology!
As you begin thinking about where you would like to pursue your studies, we hope that you will consider Missouri S&T. To give you an idea of what you can expect at S&T, check out this short video and for more details about S&T and our services for sponsored students, explore the quick overview below:
- Reputation and ranking: S&T has a worldwide reputation for academic excelleence and is one of the top-ranked technological research universities in the U.S. For two years running, we have been ranked the #3 engineering school according to USA Today/College Factual (August 2014 and 2015).
- Research opportunities: Learn more about exceptional research experiences and put your skills to the test in one of our four signature research areas: Advanced Manufacturing, Advanced Materials for Sustainable Infrastructure, Enabling Materials for Extreme Environments, and Smart Living.
- Degrees: We invite you to explore the many degrees offered by S&T. Click on the major you are interested in pursuing, or check out our undergraduate catalog or graduate catalog for further details on the degree curriculum and an overview of courses.
- Diversity: S&T welcomes over 8,800 students from the 50 U.S. states and 60 countries. We look forward to welcoming you to S&T!
- You as a Student:
- The student-faculty ratio at S&T is 18:1, with over 25% of of its classes with fewer than 20 students – so you will not be just a number!
- There are over 200 ways for you to get involved on campus and in the community. This ranges from joining a student design team, academic clubs like the Society of Petroleum Engineers, international student club – to interest clubs like backpacking or Taekwondo, community service volunteer organizations, and much more!
- We want you to be successful at Missouri S&T and beyond! Know that there are many resources – academic, personal/professional, and other – to aid you in your academic pursuits. In particular, we encourage you to check out and take advantage of our Student Success Center!
- As a Missouri S&T student, you will have access to the fitness center which is located on campus and free access to many campus sporting events.
>> View information about S&T at a glance!
Missouri S&T is located in Rolla, Missouri, a small, friendly community in the heart of the U.S. Consider the following:
- You will have a true American campus experience – S&T is located on a beautiful 284-acre campus
- Rolla is listed as one of the "best small towns in America" and one of Lumosity’s “smartest” cities in the nation
- About 160 km from St. Louis, it's an ideal location from which to explore – our students frequently travel across the U.S. during school holidays and breaks
- Missouri S&T and the town of Rolla host a Celebration of Nations each September, giving area residents and S&T students a chance to showcase and celebrate the vibrant cultural diversity that makes Rolla so unique
- We enjoy the four seasons, so get ready for some snow! :-)
At Missouri S&T, we have been hosting sponsored students for more than 10 years, and we are here to help you! Services we provide include:
- Specialized assistance through the application process and pre-departure advising until arrival on campus
- Shuttle service from St. Louis airport upon arrival
- Specialized welcome orientation
- Personalized counseling and assistance regarding courses, housing, meal plans, student accounts, information about the community / contacting campus offices and departments as needed
- Fulfilling your sponsor's requirements, such as providing transcripts each semester
- Local shuttle service twice per week in Rolla to take you shopping or do other local errands
- Regular cultural trips and events, typically once per month. Some recent examples were visits to an American rodeo, Silver Dollar City (amusement park), and a Halloween pumpkin carving party
- To get an idea of what we do, connect with us on Facebook!
>> Contact us any time at email@example.com – we are happy to assist!
Check out the new GRE Preparation Workshop!
The Applied Language Institute under the Office of International & Cultural Affairs now offers GRE Preparation Workshops!