- International Students
- Future Students
- New Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Sponsored Students
- Immigration & Visa
- Visiting Scholars
- Applied Language Institute
- Study Abroad
- Life at S&T
- International Partnerships
- Traveling on Behalf of S&T
- Contact Us
New incoming students
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
- Step 5
- Step 6
- Step 7
- Step 8
Arrival Check In
- As a new international student you are required to check in at the Office of International and Cultural Affairs (OICA). You can check in at 103 Norwood Hall if you arrive before New International Student Orientation. Please bring your passport and I-20/DS-2019.
Attend International Student Orientation & International Miners Fair
The International Student Orientation is a great way to:
- Meet the OICA staff, administrators, faculty, and other students.
- Learn more about living in Rolla and student life on campus.
- Learn how to get a student ID, complete your health screening, finalize housing arrangements, meet your academic advisor, and register for classes.
As a quick reference guide, see the International Information Booklet for Spring 2017.
Submit Final Official Transcripts and Take English Language Proficiency Testing
- If needed, submit final official transcripts to Admissions Office in Parker Hall, Room G-2.
- English language proficiency testing is required for students accepted for the Intensive English Program, as well as, those who have not satisfied the Missouri S&T English language proficiency requirement. For more details, please see English Proficiency Testing.
- For the 2017 summer semester, testing will be at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 1st at the Southwestern Bell Cultural Center.
- The Applied Language Institute will arrange additional testing dates for students who arrive after June 1, 2017.
Register for Classes
First-time freshman Students
- You will meet with your assigned academic advisor during Pro Day.
- You will meet with your assigned academic advisor during Transfer Advising Day.
- You must visit your academic department and meet with your academic advisor to decide which classes you will enroll in.
Once you meet with your academic advisor, you will then be able to register for classes through Joe’SS online. If you have questions about registration or waitlisted courses, please visit the Registrar’s Office in 103 Parker Hall.
Purchase Required Health Insurance
- After you register for classes, your student account will automatically be charged the health insurance fee. You will be able to review and make payments to your bill online through Joe’SS.
- Intensive English Students must go to 104 Norwood Hall to purchase your required health insurance.
Submit Health Forms to Missouri S&T Student Health Services
Forms may be submitted to the Student Health Services booth at the International Miners Fair on International Student Orientation day, or you may submit the forms directly to Student Health Services at 910 West 10th Street.
Set Up Your Missouri S&T E-mail Address
Attend Welcome Events
- Fall Welcome Picnic on Thursday, August 10th, 2017 at Schuman Park.
- Snowflake Social on Thursday, January 11th, 2018 at Havener Center.
- Check out more events on our Facebook page.