- International Students
- Future Students
- New Incoming Students
- New International Student Checklist
- Current Students
- Sponsored Students
- F-1 Visa Employment Opportunities
- Visiting Scholars
- Applied Language Institute
- Study Abroad
- Life at S&T
- Traveling on Behalf of S&T
- Contact Us
Welcome International Students
You are now joining a family of more than 1,300 international students from over 50 countries in the world. All of the staff members of the Office of International and Cultural Affairs are happy to be here for you and to provide you individual attention during your college experience at S&T. Please explore this section of our webpage for up-to-date information, references and links that can answer many of your questions regarding your immigration documents, insurance, or any of the many activities and events sponsored by our office.
In this section, you will find:
We invite you to explore this website and let us know how we can help. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
S&T at a glance
REPUTATION AND RANKING
S&T has a worldwide reputation for academic excelleence and is one of the top-ranked technological research universities in the U.S. For four years running, we have been ranked the #3 engineering school according to USA Today/College Factual (August 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017). Other rankings include:
- #1 "Awesome College Lab" for our Experimental Mine -- four years running (Popular Science, 2010-2013)
- #1 College town in Missouri (Niche.com)
- #3 Public university for annualized return on investment and 14th overall. according to PayScale (March 2015)
- #7 Among public universities in "Great Schools, Great Places" (U.S. News and World Report)
Learn more about exceptional research experiences and put your skills to the test in one of our four signature research areas:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Advanced Materials for Sustainable Infrastructure
- Enabling Materials for Extreme Environments
- Smart Living
S&T welcomes over 8,800 students from the 50 U.S. states and 60 countries. We look forward to welcoming you to S&T!
There are over 200 ways for you to get involved on campus and in the community. This ranges from joining a student design team, academic clubs like the Society of Petroleum Engineers, international student club – to interest clubs like backpacking or Taekwondo, community service volunteer organizations, and much more!
YOU AS A STUDEnT
The student-faculty ratio at S&T is 18:1, with over 25% of of its classes with fewer than 20 students – so you will not be just a number!
We want you to be successful at Missouri S&T and beyond! Know that there are many resources – academic, personal/professional, and other – to aid you in your academic pursuits. In particular, we encourage you to check out and take advantage of our Student Success Center!
Rolla at a glance
Missouri S&T is located in Rolla, Missouri, a small, friendly community in the heart of the U.S. Consider the following:
- You will have a true American campus experience – S&T is located on a beautiful 284-acre campus
- Rolla is listed as one of the "best small towns in America" and one of Lumosity’s “smartest” cities in the nation
- About 160 km from St. Louis, it's an ideal location from which to explore – our students frequently travel across the U.S. during school holidays and breaks
- Missouri S&T and the town of Rolla host a Celebration of Nations each September, giving area residents and S&T students a chance to showcase and celebrate the vibrant cultural diversity that makes Rolla so unique
- We enjoy the four seasons, so get ready for some snow!