- International Students
- Future Students
- New Incoming Students
- New International Student Checklist
- Current Students
- Sponsored Students
- J-1 Visa Employment Opportunities
- F-1 Visa Employment Opportunities
- Visiting Scholars
- Applied Language Institute
- Study Abroad
- Life at S&T
- Traveling on Behalf of S&T
- Contact Us
International Student Advisory Council
ISAC meetings are held the third Friday of every month. Join us from 12:00pm - 1:00pm at the Southwestern Bell Cultural Center.
For more information, please contact Roberta Morgan or Richie Myers
The Council consists of the officers and advisors of the International Student Club; presidents and officers of the international student associations, or their representatives; members of the International and Cultural Affairs office; and other campus representatives as needed. Meetings are usually held on the third Friday of each month. In case of a scheduling conflict, an alternative date is found. Topics addressed in the past include:
- Optional and Curricular Practical Training
- On-campus work opportunities
- Immigration regulations & legislation that impacts Missouri S&T’s international student population (SEVIS)
- Changes in the Social Security process
- International student admissions
- Transportation for new student orientation
- International Student Day
- International Education Week
- Social and cultural programs for students
- Current issues of concern to the international student population
The International Student Advisory Council provides an opportunity for students and Missouri S&T representatives to communicate regularly as well as to ensure the concerns of the Missouri S&T international student population are addressed in a timely manner.
In 2001 the Office of International and Cultural Affairs, campus administrators, and international student leaders worked together to create a structure on campus through which the international students would have a direct channel of communication to campus administrators. On November 7, 2001, the first meeting of the International Student Advisory Council (ISAC) was held.
Students are encouraged to communicate thoughts or concerns to their club representatives or International Student Club officers, so that issues can be discussed at the upcoming meeting.
2017 meeting agendas coming soon...